- My girl has another ear infection. ANOTHER one. So many. You would think I would figure this out by now. Usually (except the time before this one) she never feels any pain. We find them because she has a fever and a cold. For the past 3 days she's hardly heard a word I said. I finally got so frustrated and asked her if she was even listening at all. Turns out she can't hear a damn thing. EAR INFECTION. Mother of the year award coming right up.
- I've been making delicious yummy dip. Like guacamole but lighter. Serve with Stacy's Pita Chips (Follow me now on Twitter Stacy people)
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1Tbsp Mayo
- pinch of salt
- pinch of onion or garlic salt or powder. Mash avocado together and mix until smooth. This is so good for you and so delicious. Except for the Avocado, I always have everything else. All I have to do is buy an avocado.
- If it wasn't for you meddling kids......
- My garden is growing. Peas are starting to sprout along with kale and spinach seedlings. I'm growing rainbow carrots. They are little itty bitty sprouts right now. My Spring onions look beautiful. I have coffee outside every sunny morning while I water them.
- Last week I went out to dinner with Deanna and Leighanne at my favorite Mexican restaurant, Monte Alban. I remembered that I wanted to try the Horchata which I thought was a tea drink. Turns out I was wrong. It was a large iced milky looking drink. It was delicious. Deanna was wary because she thinks she may be lactose intolerant. (is that too personal to write on a blog??) Anyway the next day she was FINE. Which we both thought was great. UNTIL-Until I tried to make Horchata found it was made with RICE!! Not dairy!!! I made it though, it's pretty tasty. You have everything you need to make this at home-I guarantee it.
- I need a new blouse. I drove over to a plaza that has a lot of stores in it. You would think in the whole plaza I could find a blouse. Can I tell you how sick I am of ruffles and crap right down the front of shirts. To be frank, that is not a flattering look for a chesty woman. Neither is puffy sleeves. Besides, I think puffy sleeves look way too precious for anyone over 30. I need streamline. I don't need fluffy frills.... Also, can I also mention how shoddily made I think the clothes at Kohl's are. I swear, the stuff at Old Navy is better-At least you know what you're getting there. I really need this blouse though. I'm off to Talbots tomorrow where I know I will find something that looks good but will be overpriced. They do have good sales though so perhaps I will be lucky.
W. Sunny and nice
R. 12:30 (Oh my!)
Edited to add-The Talbots gods are smiling on me this morning. I received a 20% off my entire purchase coupon via email! Hooray! They send them regularly but I rarely even look at the emails because I don't shop much these days. What perfect timing though!!!
You do know that the head of Kohl's is probably going to send you a note about their shoddy clothing, right? ;)
That was the spazziest post!so here's my spazzy comment- poor Emma hope she feels better, looking forward to trying your avocado dip,my garlic looks beautiful can't wait to share some garden stories, I'm so trying that mexican drink, sorry bout Deanna's lactose thing -hubby has the same problem.
I like puffy sleeves!
Yes, probably Deanna. However, I will tell him that both of the Flip Flops that I bought in Feb (with a gift card because I don't like Kohl's) were worn for a week in Feb and perhaps 2 weeks in April. BOTH of them are ripping. The flip flops that Jen sent me from Old Navy last year are still fine.
Jeannine, it sounds just like when I call you and have a lot to say. Back at you:
Emma's better and went to the zoo today, garlic looks great and just yesterday was thinking Uncle Tony's garlic is the best kind I've grown, go out to lunch with me there, it's not all spicy, bought 4 non-puffy sleeved shirts at Talbots today. Guess we won't take Lornig and Deanna out for Abbotts this summer, ha, that sounds like Deanna is my spouse, which she is half the time....
Why is that (?) - Connor went to the doctor a couple weeks ago with a fever and stomach cramps. Turns out he had an ear infection.
And Scooby Doo rocks!
Apparently the ear infection wears many masks ;-) The fever is the only thing that ever clues me in.
Don't count me out on Abbott's! I had a small vanilla yesterday with Mom and Kiki and I was fine! I don't think I really am lactose intolerant -- there's something going on, but I don't think that's it! (This IS, Web MD, right?) ;)
Post a Comment