Sunday, March 28, 2010

Game Night Cupcakes

We hosted Game Night here on Saturday. I'm not the original game night hostess in my circle of friends, that's Deanna my theme crazed best friend. But it was a good theme that stuck over the years and we have not had one in a long time! (Deanna, unfortunately could not make it this time)

We made pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw and everyone brought a munchie to share and something to drink. There were 10 people which worked for Apples to Apples and Outburst but it was too many for Things. I had never played Things before and we didn't finish it because each turn you had to write something down and people had to guess who said it. It was too hard with 10 people but the 4 rounds we played had everyone laughing hysterically. 6 people might be ideal. (I generally recommend 2 games. By the 3rd one people lose their momentum.)

I made these wonderful chocolate cupcakes with the best vanilla frosting.  I used special dark cocoa rather than regular for a grown-up chocolate taste and they were dense and dark. Yummy!  However, I added some sprinkles to add some whimsy and make them look festive.

No comments: