Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What can I say about Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix. The best movie yet in the series (and my favorite book).

Spent $14 for 2 matinee tickets today and I want to go again TOMORROW. I won't, of course, but I want to.

Harry is older, more tortured, and angry. The special effects are amazing. Dumbledore is certainly the most powerful wizard around and Voldemort is as scary a villain as I thought Darth Vader was when I was young. (And that's scary!)

I can't imagine seeing these movies without first reading the books as there is much of the back story and subtle humor that is missing. This is also not a stand alone movie. You could not possibly watch this movie without having watched the prior movies and made and sense of this one. If I was a 15 year old girl again I would have a crush on Harry Potter. OK, maybe I already do.....

No comments: