Friday, July 27, 2007

See What Your Town Has To Offer!


This historic building sits on the grounds of the town hall in my town and is open to the public FREE of charge ever Thursday evening (during the Farmers Market) and Sunday afternoon and by appointment. It is staffed with the very knowledgeable people from the historic society who are more than happy to tell you anything you want to know about the house, or the history of our town, in general. These people are excited about what they do. Its exciting to talk to them.

Did I mention it was free?

How many of pass up opportunities for enrichment that cost nothing simply because we don't even know they exist. I not have know this gem was around if I didn't visit the Farmers Market at the same location. They also have weekly free concerts at the town gazebo.

This has spurred me on in looking for more lost cost or free activities offered by my town, as well as the surrounding towns. I have found that most of the towns where I live have their own website with information about all of the events that you can attend. Your mileage may vary, as I love historical attractions and there seems to be a bunch in my area.

No comments: