Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Secret Sidewalk Tour


Close to my home there are some beautiful, expensive turn of the century homes on the water. When I was a little girl, my parents would drive by them and I would look at them in wonder. But they would be gone in a blur as the car sped on. Nowadays I really enjoy walking past homes rather than driving so that you get the full effect, savor them longer and and see all of their gardens up close.

Imagine my pleasure when I learned of a "secret sidewalk" that runs behind these homes, right through many of the backyards! And it's open to the public! And free!

Someone a long time ago, was thinking about beauty for the general public!

The homes were beautiful, the gardens were really well kept up (and there were so many different ones!) and we could enjoy them all for as long as we wanted without having to pay the taxes on waterfront property!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: