Sunday, August 12, 2007

Home Made Citrus Sugar Scrub

While on the below mentioned Wine Tour, we stopped into a sumptuous artisan gift shop of hand made items. Beautiful pottery bowls, handwoven textiles, silver jewelry and a lovely assortment of all natural beauty products. The best part was that they were all open in the bathroom so you could try anything you wanted! I was particularly taken with a Citrus Sugar scrub that smelled luxurious, looked yummy and made the skin on my hands nice and soft. The price was $14.99! The bottle boasted, "Look at my Ingredients" being that I like to follow directions I obliged. The only thing in this scrub was sugar, some oils and some citrus essential oil! OMG! I have everything at home already!

So last night I whipped some up using:

1/2 Cup Sugar
A little Olive oil
A little Coconut oil (use a little oil at a time until sugar becomes a smooth paste)
a few drops of citrus essential oil

That was it! Free for me because I already had everything. You could use different oils and scents I imagine but that was pretty much it. All you need to do is rub it on your skin and rinse and you'll feel smooth and smell great!

2 comments:

lightening said...

Hi Christine,
I have nominated you for a "nice matters" award. :-) Details are on my blog. You can pass the award along to other bloggers if you wish and add a copy of the picture to your blog too. It's up to you.

Christine said...

Thanks so much! How exciting! I didn't know you had a blog too! I'll be sure and check it out!

Thanks again!
-Christine