Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Soup


Tonight, for my Sunday Soup I made my Mushroom Barley Soup. I've made this so many times that I don't really use a recipe for this, but you can see mine if you click on the link.

I really like this soup. I have a more complicated, more expensive Porcini Mushroom Barley soup with Prosciutto that I like to make if I am feeling decadent. But they didn't have any Porcinis today at Wegmans so I decided to use my old standby. It's simple, approachable. No fuss. Anyone would eat this. I like it in the fall and winter and this is one of those soups that really is better the next day. It's not fancy, but it's good.

I also made a crustless quiche with a little bacon, cheese, my last zucchini and some tomatoes that have actually been ripening on my windowsill & a little garlic.

No comments: