Monday, January 14, 2008

Even Cheaper Than I Am!!!


My husband got me a present this week. Knowing my current ban on buying and also hearing this guy on the radio he knew I had to have this book! He ordered it from a secondhand seller on Amazon but it came new today.

Jeff Yeager is even cheaper than I am. And a lot more funny. From the first page he had me laughing over a reduced-for-quick-sale pot roast (something I can totally relate to!) and his wit is present throughout (well at least to page 45 anyway, I just got the book around 4 pm this afternoon!)

But he's not all fun and games. His book, The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches (subtitled: A practical (and fun) guide to enjoying life more by spending less) is a book after my own heart. He's not about earning more, but spending less and increasing the quality of your life (a theme which you MAY have noticed is ever-present right here on this blog!)

I can't wait to read more. I took the book to read while waiting during my daughter's dance class this afternoon but this motormouth was yammering away next to me and completely wrecking my enjoyment of this funny frugal book (you have to know me to truly understand how serious this is to me) and since I'm a fast reader I wanted to savor every frugal nugget so I put it back in my bag!

Jeff Yeager says he sometimes Googles himself to see what people are saying about his crazy ideas. I hope he Googles this. I LOVE YOU JEFF YEAGER.

Of course I guess I could just go to his website and email him.

If you're nice to me I just may let you borrow this frugal guide to the good life.

4 comments:

The Fine Art of Motherhood said...

How funny! I can totally imagine your irritation between not being able to concentrate on your new book AND the incessant noise of the person next to you! It could have only been worse if they were whistling!! Can't wait to hear about dance class tomorrow!

The book sounds great -- I'm going to do a review on my blog about the book that I got for Christmas, maybe we can have a brief trade after we've read them! My SIL Susan would probably love that book -- I'll have to remember it for her birthday!

Christine said...

I knew you would appreciate that! Later she started humming so you know how well that went over!

I can't wait to read your new book (if it's the one I'm thinking of!)

And I bet Susan would love this book!

Teamcarbone said...

OMG too funny, I can see it all enfold too.

I think hubby might enjoy such a book, I'll see if I can check it out from the library...frugal right!

BTW-A Chinese friend told me that this is the year of the Rat and is a year of frugality.

Christine said...

Oh, he already tried the library! It's a brand new book.