Monday, December 10, 2007

The Official Cookie of My Garden Club

Well I haven't posted in over a week (a fact that hasn't escaped Jacquie's notice!) but I'm back. I literally sold about 50 things on eBay last week and while that is great for my Christmas Budget, I felt like I spent every free minute wrapping packages. Things are a little calmer this week so back to blogging!

Let's talk cookies. I'm introducing you to the official cookie of my garden club. (No, we didn't take a vote but I'm the president so I guess I can decide on our official cookie myself.) My friend Lisa, introduced me to this sinful delight and I beg her to bring them when it's her turn to to co-hostess.

And these suckers are cheap and SUPER easy (heck, you don't even have to bake, you just have to melt)

Saltine Cookies
1 c. real butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 bag (11 1/2 oz.) milk chocolate chips
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 Sleeve Saltines

Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. (or spray with Pam) Cover with single layer saltines. Melt butter & brown sugar and cook for 1 minute. Pour over saltines. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes or until it starts to bubble on the crackers. Remove from over and sprinkle chocolate chips. Wait a few minutes, then spread chocolate out evenly. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Let stand 24 hours or outside for 20 minutes. (can you tell I like to eat these as soon as I can) Cut into small rectangles.

When I make them I just skip the nuts for a pure chocolate taste. You may feel a little trashy eating these-I'm not sure if it's because you're eating a cookie made out of crackers or because you'll probably eat a dozen of these at one sitting.

Don't say I didn't warn you........

4 comments:

Krista said...

I absolutely love these things, and lost my recipe. Guess what I am making tomorrow??

Thanks for sharing!

Christine said...

I find these so completely addictive! We are having some of my husband's friends over on Wednesday and I am waiting until at least tomorrow to make these because I knew I would eat too many if I made them tonight!

Debbie said...

I made your recipe tonight and we all loved them! It is a fun recipe with a surprise ingredient.

Very fun and easy for kids to make!

Thank you so much!

Debbie

Christine said...

I'm glad you liked it! It is super easy for kids to make too!