Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Buying Makeup On eBay
The other day at Ulta, I spied a small tube of a product I've wanted to try for a while. Smashbox's Photo Finish, which retails for $36!!! (Yes, I know Karley, my face is probably going to fall off from using this stuff right???) The small tube was $16.
I have no idea what possessed me to shell out $16 for a very small tube of makeup primer. Those who know me would NEVER expect this out of me. But I did and I really liked it....
By the time I got home I realized I should have checked on eBay.
I've actually sold a lot of makeup on eBay. (It's a long story) The makeup was new and sealed and sold for a lot less than it's retail price. This is especially true for high end brands.
For example, when I looked, the $36 dollar of makeup primer could be had for $20 with free shipping. You don't even need to leave the house and you can save $16. How easy is that. When I finish this little tube, that is exactly what I'm doing!
Here are a few things to consider when buying makeup on eBay.
1) Always check the seller's rating and feedback.
2) Make sure you are buying new, sealed makeup. Ask the seller a question if you can't tell for sure.
3) Make sure they have a return/refund policy. For things like personal care products you want to be especially careful with stuff like this.
4) Ask for the expiration date if the product has one. Sometimes they don't.
5) If you DO get a bad product nicely email the seller and explain the problem. With something a small as makeup they should give you a full refund. I'm not saying they always will but for myself, since I could not open the makeup to make sure it was ok. I had to rely on the fact that it was sealed. As with anything else, there is always the chance an unopened product could be faulty. I just trusted the customer and refunded whenever this came up. I think I refunded maybe 3 people's money.