Monday, August 9, 2010

We're All About The 19th Century Right Now

Oh my goodness we are all about the 19th century this week!

Picking Vegetables

I have great cucumbers this year

 Saturday, Deanna came over and brought her girls and we prepped for Laura Ingalls Wilder Days at the museum Sunday. We churned butter, made cream biscuits and Johnny cakes and I made the girls do chores like picking beans and digging potatoes.

Churning Butter


Yesterday  we headed to the Museum for the actual event. Deanna had her camera, I didn't have mine with me.

Camp Today
While we were signing up the girls for the fashion show Dean Bulter walked up so I introduced myself. He was nice and told me he thought I did a good job on the interview for the blog. He was very friendly and very normal and very tall. I was frankly shocked how tall he seemed standing next to me. We talked for a few minutes and when we left I asked Deanna why she didn't take a picture. She had left her camera at her seat. It doesn't matter though because she's probably the only person who would think this is as neat as she does.

This morning I took my daughter to the museum's Summer Sampler class, Living A Long Time Ago. She's going all week and even got a costume to wear.  The little kid's class ends at noon so I took her out to lunch for a slice of pizza on the way home. I'm fairly certain the men at one of the tables thought she was Amish and wondered what a woman in work clothing was doing eating pizza with a small Amish girl. She did take the house cap off to eat though.

2 comments:

Tree Huggin Momma said...

Very cool mama to give her this experience!

Krista said...

Oh my goodness she is adorable in that dress!

Sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I lived close enough to visit the museum. Sounds amazing!