Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sap, Sugar & Syrup -Maple Sugaring At The Museum



Looking for something to do this month? This weekend and all of the rest of the weekends in March, The Genesee Country Village & Museum is running their Sap, Sugar & Syrup event.

Head on over to my museum blog to see what it's all about-I'm actually too tired to write a more personal account, but that post gives you all of the details you need. I'll write more after the event this weekend as there will be two more after it!

This is one of my favorite museum events. A 19th Century Sugar Camp, maple sugar cotton candy and a pancake breakfast with real New York State maple syrup! (and a lot more as well!)We do make our own syrup but we we use it in the village during the year and don't make enought to use for the breakfast anyway.

Did you know it takes 40 Gallons of Sap to make 1 Gallon of Syrup?

You can also find the museum on Facebook!   I We have 2484 fans and I'd really like 2500 by the weekend!

***Note, it's not snowy at the museum now at all. I took this pic a few weeks ago on a beautiful day....

No comments: