I know you've all been waiting patiently to see what I spent the rest of my money on during January!
Here it is!
I found this bench frame on the side of the road. It was sturdy and someone had attemplted a bad faux finish on it. Some of the wood on the sides was peeling off. It had no seat.
Michael cut me a seat out of some scrap wood that he had and I glued the wood with some wood glue. If I was really concientious I would have sanded the whole thing a little. But I didn't. I just gave it 2 coats of black paint that I had laying around from something else. I used a staple gun to attach the fabric to the bottom of the seat.
The foam for the seat, material and fringe cost $26. I could have probably done the whole thing for $10 If I really tried but I really liked what I picked out. I also have a little leftover to make a pillow.