Monday, October 29, 2007

My Tax Dollars at Work

I've been a bit behind writing lately (I just noticed it has been almost a week since I last posted!) I will try and play catch-up for the next few days! This topic is actually something we did last weekend but I wanted to mention it.

Over the summer my town built a walking path that goes around the lake, over a marsh and through the woods. Last weekend we checked it out. It was beautiful, well paved and A LOT of people were using it for a chilly October afternoon. Our daughterr was thrilled to be "in the forest" and on a "nature walk" and it was something that kept us all busy-And best of all, was free! (Ok perhaps not free in that I do pay taxes of course!) But this is just my reminder to everyone that you don't need to spend any money to enjoy the beautiful scenery at this time of year and there are things you have already paid for (via your taxes) where you live that you may not be taking advantage of!

2 comments:

The Fine Art of Motherhood said...

How lovely this looks! Is this over by the beach on Lakeshore? I'm not sure where this is, but would love to check it out!

Glad your back -- I enjoy reading your blog and have missed it this week!

Christine said...

Why thank you!

Yes, this is just minutes from your house!!! It's right by the winding part of Lakeshore as you go through the park. Where the ponds are on one side and the lake is on the other. Past White Lady's Castle (I just wrote that and it sounds like I am giving directions in a fantasy novel!)