Thursday, September 24, 2009

Where I Pick My Battles


Here is a picture of my daughter eating an Heirloom Tomato like an apple.

Note the crown she got the day before at "King Burger" with my mother. She won't take this crown off her head and puts it next to her bed at night while she sleeps like a real princess. She wore it into Wegmans yesterday and I could feel the eyes of all of the other moms peering into my cart to see what kind of junk food I let her have after obviously plying her with fast food before our trip to the store.

This may be worse than last year when she insisted on wearing a winter knit hat into the library in the middle of summer while wearing a dress. At least then I looked like a hippy mommy rather than a junk food mommy!

4 comments:

The Fine Art of Motherhood said...

I think that it anyone noticed, they would only think that it was a special treat for your daughter, and that's why she was wearing the crown!

Christine said...

And it was not nearly so bad as the woman who let her daughter wear Thomas the Tank Underwear on her head like a hat to pre0school one day.

The Fine Art of Motherhood said...

Really?? Now, I am all for self-expression, but what are we expressing with that?

Christine said...

I can only imagine. It was very bizarre. I asked what it was all about & she said "Oh she wouldn't take it off." I'm sorry but even I draw the line at underwear as a hat.