Monday, September 28, 2009

Homemade Granola


This morning I made Homemade Granola.

A favorite breakfast around here consists of whole milk plain yogurt, fruit of some kind and granola.

This is so easy to make. I won't post my recipe because I didn't use one. I Googled one when I started making my own and now just throw together what I have since I know the process.

Today's creation consists or Rolled Oats (of course), almonds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, some cinnamon, a pinch of salt, honey & some butter. Baked in a 350 degree oven for about 20 min, with some stirring. I don't generally use dried fruit because it's not my favorite and I eat it with fresh fruit. I also tend to use a greater concentration of seeds/nuts to oats which makes it nicer than store bought granola.

This is so much cheaper to make from scratch than to buy. I buy all of the nuts/seeds in the bulk section at the grocery store and usually only get what I need for the recipe. I may try one with cocoa powder and coconut, trying to duplicate the Kashi, Cocoa Beach that I would spend $4.50 for 14 oz!

I love wire bale jars to store things in. I bought a bunch at an auction cheap and they make homemade goods look so cosy! They are also environmentally friendly!

The pumpkin is the very beginning of my fall decorating & the chestnut I picked up on my morning walk-It was so shiny and pretty!

No comments: