Wednesday, April 13, 2011

More Declaration....

Since we've been talking Declaration of Independance around here I thought I would bring one home from work. I got a lovely copy on parchment for $1.95 in our gift shop.

I came home and gave it to my daughter who gave me a wan smile and said "Thanks a lot for this mom but next time could you bring me the original."

Where does she think I work???

Little did I know that I didn't even have to spend $1.95. The National Archives has the neatest application whereby you can add your own signature in the style of a Colonist, and American or a Patriot and then print it in color.

Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow.... No, I'll enter my daughter's name, not my own.... Ok, maybe my own.... I'll print 2....

I've actually been to the National Archives and have seen the Declaration live. It was awesome.... Awesome!! However, you'd really like to be able to stare at a long time (well at least I would) but you see it as part of a long line of people who mill past it, so you need to be kind of quick about it... I wonder how many people look at it a year? I bet I could Google that....

No comments: