Saturday, September 8, 2007

Public Service Announcement

Hey all you New Yorkers! I just wanted to remind everyone that this year you need to APPLY for your Star Property Tax Rebate. Last year they just sent it to those who were eligible. And you can't apply until you get the code in the mail. (What will we need next year, a secret decoder ring?) My cynical side thinks they are hoping some people will forget or that they will throw out the letter with the code as junk mail but I really don't know for certain.

Anyway, once you get your code you can send back the application or apply on line. I applied online. It took less than 2 minutes, I got a confirmation that my application was received and I saved having to use a stamp. You can also look up when your code will be mailed to you if you haven't received it yet. The deadline to apply is 11/30/07.

No comments: