Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Merry Christmas????

So today my husband and I were looking at a Christmas card that he received and the family that is usually there looked a little odd to me. 

The conversation went like this:

"What about X? Where is he?" (He's the husband)
"Oh, he's not in the picture anymore."
"Oh....Well...Who are these other people?"
"I really don't know...."

First of all, I don't know these people at all. I look at their card each year because one of them has a funny name (Yes, I know that sounds childish....) but it is funny and it completely fits the family that they look like.

But they don't look like that family any more. And even more puzzling is that the card includes 2 additional people who look too old to be friends of the children, cousins, etc... and too young to be dating the now single mother.... I'm sure people closer to them know who these mystery people are but what about the rest of us????? What about those of us who want to laugh at the silly name of the husband (ooops, I said it.)??How are we supposed to know who these people are??? There are no names, just Merry Christmas from the (Insert Family Name) I find a Christmas card to be a strange place to announce your new family status, especially if I can't figure out what that status exactly is!!! Somebody needs to tell me what's going on here!

No comments: