Thursday, December 8, 2011

December 8, 2011- The Best Seat In The House


It's after 10pm and I haven't taken a picture. These are my favorite seats in the house. You can see the print of  Jeannine's painting that she framed for my 40th Birthday. Along with the chairs I usually blog in. The flowered chair is my favoite, it has rockers on the bottom.

It probably fitting that I show this picture because I spent the entire day inside cleaning the house.  That is, until I went to the Country Club of Rochester for a trustee meeting & reception for the museum. It's ironic because most of the people there probably aren't cleaning their own homes.   It was a nice party, the food & drinks were good. The meeting was painless, and all I needed to do was hang out and make small talk. (something I'm not terribly good at, but I get by.)

By definition I hate small talk. I like big talk. If I'm going to be talking about something then I want it to at least have a purpose. I don't actually care what you think about the weather. if we have to chat about nothing I'd just as soon stand next to you quietly. And I'll be nice, but I don't really like niceties, if you know what I mean.  And put me with someone who is worse at small talk than I am, well then I blather on like an idiot.  Luckily all of the people at the meeting have a vested interest in the museum and that's what they want to talk about. That kind of talk is easy for me.

No comments: