Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I don't like Kindergarten

With my new blog theme, I had planned on posting mostly positive and uplifting things.

Hence my lack of writing over the past week.

No, I still have a tooth, don't worry about that.

I'm just a little blue.

My girl started Kindergarten this week and I don't like it. I just don't. You may or may not get this. My lovely friends seem to understand.

Some moms seem to be doing that happy dance that their kids are finally out of their hair. I don't really get that.

I guess I just miss my baby.

Tonight though, as I was cuddling her before bed I had the realization that some day I will miss this too.

Does my mother miss cuddling my brother and I? I wonder.... Probably not me (she likes him better ;-)

Time marches on I guess, this week I just don't like it.

The only thing cheering me up right now are thoughts of butter and Jared Padalecki. (See below)

2 comments:

The Fine Art of Motherhood said...

Yeah -- you know me, I do not do the happy dance over my girls finally going to school! I'm already feeling emotional that my baby will be going to kindergarten -- next year!! I realized last night that my girls will ride the same bus next year and the year after (even though they'll be in separate schools). My boss was just talking today about being "mindful" and how to him that means taking every moment in and really appreciating everything -- time passes so quickly, especially when you have kids!

Karley Ziegler Mott said...

It is OK! You saw my post so you know I feel the same. I have felt so blue. Ben loves kindergarten, but I don't. I miss our special time in the morning. We did just start a new tradition, though. Every Friday we're going out to lunch and to do a little something until it is time to get Nick from 2nd grade.

((HUGS)) to you!