Thursday, April 15, 2010

Social Media Loser

I think I may not be cool enough to be using Twitter.

The main issue is that most of my friends are not ON twitter and I have no desire to follow Whole Foods or Ashton Kutcher. I've never been in the cool group-I guess I'm still not.  I'm ok with that. I'm confident in my geekiness....

I got a message that Sabra Hummus was following me but then upon checking, saw that they were no longer following me. Perhaps it's because I said I did not Tweet the fact that Wegmans was out of my favorite roasted red pepper hummus. How fickle is that Sabra Hummus people??? Perhaps I'll Tweet that you dropped me.....

I gained 3 followers today. 2 friends. One was my friend Kristin who knows me in real life, reads my blog and sees me at preschool. She probably just joined as a favor to me. I can't imagine she wants to hear ANYTHING else from  me. The other was my friend Jen who was annoyed at me because I've been out of touch with her the past few weeks. She was going to Tweet her annoyance to me but didn't know how..... Thank god, how embarrassing, being bitch slapped on Twitter (Even just in front of just 16 people.) The other was morelmushroomer, a mushroom place in Canada. I have no idea why they would follow me or how they would even find me. Since I only have 16 followers, I'll take them. I even became a follower of them as a nice gesture back (take note Sabra Hummus people.....) besides I do like morel mushrooms.....

In other social media  news I was friended on Facebook by a boy whom I've never met before who graduated from high school LAST YEAR, possibly looking for some cougar action.  Seriously? I hate to tell him, but I'm not old enough to be a cougar.......

4 comments:

Prairie Rose said...

"I even became a follower of them as a nice gesture..." That's exactly why they friended you. Twitter trick... want to gain followers? (Particularly for a business using twitter to advertise their product??) Go add a bunch of strangers and likely as not, half of them will add you in return.

Christine said...

That's probably exactly right Prairie! Perhaps I'll just start adding people...;-)

Unknown said...

Well I will tell you that I actually put some thought into following you on twitter even though I'm a loyal friend/fan. Since receiving an iTouch as a gift earlier this year I can quickly look things up while I'm chasing my daughter around the house. I use the Twitter app is a quick and easy way to check out what is going on with my favorite Blogs. I will say that I don't usually post a comment, I'm shy that way!

Unknown said...

I found Twitter too much work and alot of spammers. My son tells me it's supposed to be an up to the minute what you are doing thing - hence 20+ updates a day (he says he's cracked 75 tweets one day) Yeah...I'm too busy for that LOL

I like Facebook for more contact with my friends. You aren't expected to update EVERYDAY but again, my son says once a week is expected LOL

I added Kirstie Alley and Sherry Shepard (from The View) and they really interact with their fans and would reply. Kevin Smith is another one who replies. It's alot of fun, don't take it too seriously LOL
Jacqueline~