Friday, June 26, 2009

Staying Close To Home!

Oh my, I have not posted since June 7th! What have I been doing exactly? I don't know but I sure have been feeling busy. A little of this and a little of that and before you know it you have a lot of stuff going on!

Anyway, normally at this time of year my school teacher husband is off from work and we plan a trip to see friends/family. Then we plan an end of summer 2 week vacation. Last year we found 2 weeks was a little too long so we are cutting that down to one week and pretty much staying close to home and not doing a road trip anywhere else. It feels a little strange not leaving for another locale right now but it also seems like we have the whole summer stretched out in front of us which is nice.

So, wanting to make the most of the time we have off together, over dinner the other night we came up with at least 20 different places we would like to go around town for family outing days!
We'll start next week! Most are free or low cost and I'll share them as we do them!

Actually I started this week and my mother-in-law and I took my girl strawberry picking! We picked 10 quarts in a relatively short amount of time. They ended up being $2 a quart, which is half of what we are paying at the farmers market this year!

Head on over to my other blog and you can see what I did with them!

1 comment:

Karley Ziegler Mott said...

I cannot wait to see these, Christine. I have lots planned with my boys this summer around here as well. With the exception of a week in Washington, DC, we'll be hanging around town all summer.