Monday, February 9, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie


My latest favorite breakfast for my girl and me is a delicious Pumpkin Pie Smoothie! This is easy and so so sooooooo good! We LOVE this. (Jacquie, maybe your little guy would even like this one!)

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

1 C Almond or Soy Milk. I use plain or vanilla. You could also use milk. No biggie. I just like to mix it up a little.
1/4 block of silken tofu
1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
sweetener to taste-I use, stevia, a natural sweetener but you could also use honey or whatever other sweetener you prefer.
crushed ice-maybe a half cup (or a little more if you smoothie seems too thick)
If you want to get fancy you can add a drop or two of vanilla, but only if you feel fussy...

Just whirl it all around in the blender until smooth. Serves 2. Or if this is the only thing I'm having for breakfast, I drink it all myself. This is full of protein and all kinds of pumpkin goodness. I find this keeps me full for a long time!

2 comments:

ChicChick said...

Yummy! That looks and sounds delicious. I'll have to add the recipe to my smoothie regimen! :)

Karley Ziegler Mott said...

I am going to make this tomorrow AM for breakfast! Sounds good!